**Announcements**


2/12/2012 UPDATE: So here's the thing. Hubby & I are getting a divorce. I'm not advised to blog during this time so... Still on hold here. Will blog again when I can, I miss it so dearly. :)
I can still be reached via email: theunexpectedworldofmommyhood@gmail.com Thanks everyone for your prayers and support at this time. The going is tough, but I am tougher and know a better future is waiting. ~ Meg :)

9/26/2011 UPDATE: My blog is "on hold" for a little bit... there is A LOT going on around here {so there are no worries, everyone is healthy!} and I'm really just not ready to blog about it. I will be back. Thanks for understanding!! :)





Tuesday, March 1, 2011

PLEASE Keep Sick Children at Home.

This is a vent. That is what this is. A rant, a vent, call it what you will but I need this to get out of my house and into cyberspace. As a disclaimer, I reference "sick" as not the common cold but more serious illnesses like RSV, Croup, the Flu of any variety: Human, Swine, or Avian. ETC.
***********************************************************

IF YOUR KIDS ARE SICK, DO NOT SEND THEM TO SCHOOL.


IF YOUR KIDS ARE SICK, DO NOT BRING THEM TO THE GROCERY STORE.


IF YOUR KIDS ARE SICK, DO NOT BRING THEM TO ANY STORE!


IF YOUR KIDS ARE SICK, YOU MIGHT NEED TO CALL OFF WORK!

IF YOUR KIDS ARE SICK, AND YOUR BOSS GIVES YOU TROUBLE ABOUT THIS ~ THIS JOB OBVIOUSLY DOESN'T RESPECT YOUR LIFE. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD YOU CONTINUE TO SERVE THEM? (Because that's what you're doing if they give you trouble for taking off or make you feel badly for it; you aren't working for them. You are their slave. They have you pegged. And they have you pegged firm.)

IF YOUR KIDS ARE TWINS, AND ONE OF THEM IS SICK, THE OTHER ONE IS GOING TO GET IT (and by three years old, YOU ALREADY KNOW THAT!!!).

There is another pair of twins in the girls' classroom. Both parents work. (I'm not trying to bash working parents here, but families need to come first ~ not the job. I get it, you need the money. We could use the money of a second job! We only have ONE income paying for our private schooling.) I don't doubt this has influence on why one of their twins was sent to school while the other was in the HOSPITAL with RSV. FOR FOUR DAYS. RSV is not your typical common cold. It's SERIOUS. VERY serious. The sheer fact that one of their kids was is in the hospital means that they know this. As parents of twins, we have a responsibility to the other parents in the classroom. If one of my girls is out sick with something serious, the other one stays home. Because as a parent of more than one child, I know that if one child has it ~ the other is about to get it.

So Hospital Twin's brother gets sent to school anyways, even though is brother is deathly ill (I think I can actually say that seeing as he was in the hospital for RSV). Hospital Twin is now back in school but his brother is OUT SICK.

PEOPLE. KEEP YOUR KIDS AT HOME IF THEY ARE SICK. Even if it means you need to miss "WORK".

It's unfair to every family in the classroom to expose all the other students to these sicknesses. Everyone has been put at risk! It's unfair to MY family that our money is wasted because I can't knowingly send my kids to school because of this. So here we are, stuck at home today (and likely again on Thursday) because someone chose to send their kid to school even though they knew they were sick. UNCOOL. DISLIKE BUTTON.

Bronchial Issues run in my husband's side of the family and having seen my children catch RSV every Winter and seeing how TERRIBLE and SCARY IT IS ~ I can't take chances when it comes to this kind of sick.

Anyways, KEEP YOUR KIDS AT HOME IF THEY ARE SICK. The End.


5 comments:

  1. LOL!!! I do feel better. :)

    Geez, man. Some people! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let's not forget pink eye. With four girls, we had pink eye 6, count 'em 6 times because no one at school wanted to admit their kid had pink eye. Once I alerted the teacher that we had it, other parents were like "oh, I think mine had it, too" Gee, thanks for the heads up. (And I got it too, which did not make me happy.. and yes, I disinfected). I will say, though, that if one of my girls is sick I will send the others to school if they're not showing symptoms. Too many times I've kept them all home only to have just one get whatever is going through the preschool. And I hate it when my bosses at work give people a hard time for calling in when their kids are sick. Young children cannot take care of themselves. Besides, how productive do you think I'll be if I've been covered in vomit all night? (sorry to vent within your vent!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My blog is very open to venting! Vent away!!! :)

    Pink Eye grosses me out. My dad is an Ophthalmologist and miraculously has never had pink eye during his career. I hope I didn't just jinx that!! Ha!

    I don't understand that about Bosses either. I never experienced this myself BUT I hear about it all the time. I just feel like when your kid is sick, it should be a given that you get to stay home. Maybe there is work that can be done from home. But a parent should always {without repercussion or reprimanding or fear of job status} be able to stay home from work when their child is sick. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love finding other moms of twins! Consider me your newest reader. :) Oh, and you're girls are darling! As much as I love the stage my girls are in, I'm excited for when they start talking and become real friends. I love finding older twins. It gives me a lot to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete