**Announcements**


2/12/2012 UPDATE: So here's the thing. Hubby & I are getting a divorce. I'm not advised to blog during this time so... Still on hold here. Will blog again when I can, I miss it so dearly. :)
I can still be reached via email: theunexpectedworldofmommyhood@gmail.com Thanks everyone for your prayers and support at this time. The going is tough, but I am tougher and know a better future is waiting. ~ Meg :)

9/26/2011 UPDATE: My blog is "on hold" for a little bit... there is A LOT going on around here {so there are no worries, everyone is healthy!} and I'm really just not ready to blog about it. I will be back. Thanks for understanding!! :)





Thursday, March 10, 2011

Easy Hairstyle! :)

I had no idea what to blog about today. I suppose I could tell you how Hubby offered to take the girls to school today so he could get my car an oil change this morning for me. {I know, how nice! He owed me though, so don't think he's just all chivalrous all the time & all.} And then how he called me from the school to say that school was closed for some CYY day {that part is important for later in this story} and he was taking the girls grocery shopping with him to get milk. The girls came home telling me that they didn't have "cool" today because the teachers were exercising, I think that's what they understood when my husband told them it was CYY day, lol!. And they picked me up a Starbucks on the way home. The girls wanted to buy it for me, after debating whether I'd rather have Mommy-Coffee or purple lollipops. You did good, girls, totally picked the right one! Although a purple lollipop would be sweet once in a while! :)

SO. Chelsey the Paper Mama posted about this really easy hairstyle this morning. I actually don't think this would have worked with my longer hair so I knew I had to try it! And I love it! I'm totally excited to have something new for my (new) hair repertoire! :) Here are some pictures!


{Notes: 1. I posted this even though in one pictures I have a double chin and my one eye is all wonky and huge. 2. I did not use bobby pins, I couldn't find any. So I used my daughters' clippy hair bows. They worked pretty fine, and I can imagine you could easily "garnish" this hairstyle with a fancy flower clip or hairbow from many fine etsy stores, or one you made yourself!3. This took me more than five minutes to do the first couple of tries ~ BUT ~ once I had the hang of it, my hair was already in place before I even knew I was finished! Easy Peasy! You can SO do this!}

Find the original tutorial here and The Paper Mama's post here.

Have fun with it!

And if you do end up doing this to your hair, please post about it and leave a comment with the link! I already feel better today and I feel MOTIVATED to get out of the house. Not only am I cute, but I'm motivated? If doing your hair is the secret to successful motherhood, sign me up for a daily do!

{I totally truly and really know that there is no secret to successful motherhood. But just let me live in my little dream world today, okay? Thankyouverymuch.}

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Looks great with your hair. And, I love your daughters little hair clip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ladies! I heart mommytime. I didn't put in the part where the girls said "It not look cute" to me when I asked their opinion. Meh, what do they know! I think it's great! ;)

    And thanks Chelsey for posting such an easy hairdo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, yours is SO cute! i should of added a clip to mine! i really do love how easy this was! and i need easy raising 2 boys! LOL!

    ReplyDelete