**Announcements**


2/12/2012 UPDATE: So here's the thing. Hubby & I are getting a divorce. I'm not advised to blog during this time so... Still on hold here. Will blog again when I can, I miss it so dearly. :)
I can still be reached via email: theunexpectedworldofmommyhood@gmail.com Thanks everyone for your prayers and support at this time. The going is tough, but I am tougher and know a better future is waiting. ~ Meg :)

9/26/2011 UPDATE: My blog is "on hold" for a little bit... there is A LOT going on around here {so there are no worries, everyone is healthy!} and I'm really just not ready to blog about it. I will be back. Thanks for understanding!! :)





Monday, May 2, 2011

WOW!!!

"A Common Girl married her Prince. The Bad Guy is dead. It's been a real Disney weekend here on Earth." 
{I saw this quote on Twitter.}

Osama Bin Laden is dead.
I was sleeping on the couch and I was woken up to my husband shaking me and saying "Osama Bin Laden is dead!!!" It was the strangest way I've woken up in years. Our friend, Dan, texted him while he - Hubby - was watching 30 Rock {I think on DVR...}. We watched NBC's broadcast. It was 10:30pm, approximately. It was very surreal at first, I had been in a deep sleep. I was so quickly moved by the footage from 9/11 that was playing while they waited for the President to come and speak. I think that day affected many of us personally and that day is so etched into my mind... it's hard not to feel emotional seeing the footage again. I do feel a great sense of relief. I expect many things to happen in the coming days as a result of his death, good & bad. And I know this is not the end of "it". I'm very interested to watch some more coverage and like many of us, I am wishing it was not the middle of the night and we could go celebrate with friends and neighbors in the streets. I do feel like waving my American flag and blasting Jimi Hendrix's Star-Spangled Banner (um, see below). You can read about this very historic event in any newspaper tomorrow, or anywhere online now. It'll be on TV all day tomorrow, I am sure. Nearly 10 years after 9/11, our troops have finally been able to get him. With enough persistence, our country has shown that anything is possible. 

I do not want to forget how I feel at this moment!! I'm so glad I blog!!

I'm so proud of all the hard work that our servicemen & women give our country and the world every day. I'm grateful for the sacrifices their families have to make.
My grandfathers, my father, my brothers, my uncles, and countless friends have all served our country in all branches of the US Military. I'm so proud of them, and especially proud of my brother Matt who spent two long tours (with the Army) in Afghanistan during the last five years. 

I hope that today is the beginning of a great and wonderful change for our world.

Jess @IRockSoWhat said something on Twitter that I think rocks:
how crazy is it going to be for those that wake up tomorrow morning that have no idea!?

What a wild surprise to wake up and find this all out. I'm so glad Hubby woke me up! I am off to watch more coverage. I was going to go to bed but really, I'm totally pumped and want to see what's going on around our country right now.


God Bless America!!



No comments:

Post a Comment