**Announcements**


2/12/2012 UPDATE: So here's the thing. Hubby & I are getting a divorce. I'm not advised to blog during this time so... Still on hold here. Will blog again when I can, I miss it so dearly. :)
I can still be reached via email: theunexpectedworldofmommyhood@gmail.com Thanks everyone for your prayers and support at this time. The going is tough, but I am tougher and know a better future is waiting. ~ Meg :)

9/26/2011 UPDATE: My blog is "on hold" for a little bit... there is A LOT going on around here {so there are no worries, everyone is healthy!} and I'm really just not ready to blog about it. I will be back. Thanks for understanding!! :)





Saturday, January 29, 2011

Seen & Heard Saturday ~ January 29, 2011


Welcome to Seen & Heard Saturday, the place where we (I?) share funny, cute, or even strange things that have happened this week! Sort of like a quote book! Pictures are welcome but not obligatory! Please grab my button for your post and link up!

I don't have any pictures to share this week! :( thankyouverymuchbrokencamera.

~

Juniper has become obsessed with Ballet. Everything Ballet. She always wants me to put on "Bah-yay Moou-sik" and she does like... what can only be described as Totally Interpretive Dance. Like, really interpretive. And actually, I think it's amazing. This girl has a talent and I can tell she feels it. She also keeps saying that she wants to have a "Bih-g Tsow" (Big Show). And on Tuesday, she insisted on wearing a tutu over her clothes because she had "to do a big show for everyone in two minutes". This is what she's telling me as I'm getting her out of the car and the tutu off so we can go inside to school. I was surprised that I made her take it off, I really wanted to be that Mom who let her daughter wear the ridiculous tutu to school ~ but I didn't want her to get in trouble. Or for the teachers to hate me because everyone wanted to wear a tutu when they saw her the tutu. So no tutu's allowed at school. {I so disappoint myself with this story.}

~

{in the car on the way to school}
"Mommy, are you my mommy?" ~ Juniper
"Of course I'm your mommy! I'm all of your mommy!" ~ Me
"Well then put on Led Zeppin!" ~ Juniper
{seriously made me laugh out loud!}

~

Junie walked out of school today without shoes on. None of us noticed until she said that her feet were freezing! Poor thing! It is sorta funny though! :)

~

Magnolia tried to throw a block over Gigi's head this Wednesday. Of course, my daughter's aim was off and the block went straight into Gigi's eye. Four hours of a black spot, followed by nearly a day of blurred vision and Gigi can see fine again. I felt SO bad but not nearly as bad as Mags. I could really see it on her face when I inquired about what happened. Gigi told me that Mags rushed to the ice-maker the moment she realized Gigi's eye got hurt. So sweet!

~

"You're my bets." -Mags to me, as she snuggled me closer for a bedtime cuddle. {Bets is their word for "Best Friend Ever"... ah, my heart just melts every time!}

~

Junie is wearing Pull-Ups pretty much any time but naptime and nighttime. Pretty awesome! She's been about 65/35 on making it to the potty. And I'm okay with that. We've taken a very laid-back, it's available but do it when you're ready sort of approach to potty training. I think it's working out. Mags prefers to wear a diaper, in fact she'll tell you she wants to wear a "Baby Diaper". Sometimes when Snowdrop takes a morning nap I try to have Mags wear a Pull-Up or Big Girl Und.ies. Usually she complies and like 90% of the time makes it okay until after the baby wakes up. She'll get there. I'm not pushing it.

~

The girls each wanted a "coin". So I gave each of them a quarter. Mainly just to buy myself some time so they could walk upstairs and put it in their piggy banks.
"Here is a quarter!" ~ Me
"Oooooooooooh nooooooo! But I wanted a COIN!!!" ~ Mags, in the whineest crying voice ever!
I think they understood when I explained that a quarter is a type of coin. I said that there are different types of coins. Just like there are different types of hair: red, black, blonde, brown ~ those are all hairs but they are different types of hair. A quarter is just a different type of coin. They seemed satisfied with that answer.

~

Don't forget to grab my button for your post before you link up! Thanks for visiting my blog and linking up!!





No comments:

Post a Comment