**Announcements**


2/12/2012 UPDATE: So here's the thing. Hubby & I are getting a divorce. I'm not advised to blog during this time so... Still on hold here. Will blog again when I can, I miss it so dearly. :)
I can still be reached via email: theunexpectedworldofmommyhood@gmail.com Thanks everyone for your prayers and support at this time. The going is tough, but I am tougher and know a better future is waiting. ~ Meg :)

9/26/2011 UPDATE: My blog is "on hold" for a little bit... there is A LOT going on around here {so there are no worries, everyone is healthy!} and I'm really just not ready to blog about it. I will be back. Thanks for understanding!! :)





Monday, April 18, 2011

The Most Random

We had Chinese food tonight. I feel stuffed. I really like crab rangoon. I also really like shrimp toast but only from this one place in La Jolla... the Mandarin House. YUM. They also have the best cashew chicken in the entire world. It's the truth.

It was a long day. I don't have a Shoot & Edit for this week. I didn't do any laundry. I did run some errands.

We now own a mop. I even splurged on some Seventh Generation Natural Dishwasher Gel to test it out. It's phosphate and chloride (?) free. Whatever it's not supposed to have isn't in there, and that's good. I've been really unhappy with our current dish detergent for a while.... it always leaves a residue, and I hate having to buy rinsing agents in addition to detergent. You know? So we'll see. Our old stuff leaves a white film/dust on our dishes. It drives me CRAZY. I hope this new stuff does the job without leaving that gross stuff all over.  Actually, after I wrote that last sentence I checked the dishwasher which is now done. The dishes are pretty spotless. I'll give it another couple loads before I make my final decision.

I found some good peanut-free candies to stuff inside eggs for Easter. Yay!! I'll have to have a special Halloween for Snowdrop each year. I picked up Easter grass for 25 cents a bag. I thought this was a good deal. I'm excited for Easter. I love making & hiding baskets for the girls!!!

I broke my No Baby Clothes resolution today in order to purchase an Easter dress for Magnolia. See, Junie had one that I had gotten last year for $8 from Gap (wait until you see it, it's so cute!). And Snowdrop had received one from being born (also from Gap, sized for this year though!) that she could wear at Easter. So... they both had new dresses and poor Mags kept saying how she didn't have a new dress to wear. She sounded so pathetic that I thought I'd head on down to the local children's resale shoppe and have a look. I ended up buying 4 dresses (I can return what didn't work) from there and one from TJ Maxx. As it turns out, the one from TJ Maxx ($12.99 as opposed to the $4.50 - $8.50 range from the resale shoppe) went better with the other dresses and really was more what I was looking for... so. $12.99 broke my resolution. I don't actually feel badly about it though for several reasons. Mainly that I love Mags and she's been doing so great at potty training and I'm just so proud of her. I really wanted her to have something special. So see, totally a good reason to break my resolution. But now, I'm back on the No Baby Clothes from now on. I'll be returning the other dresses to the store this week. :)

Sorry I've been sort of slow-going with the posts this week. I know I STILL have not posted about my tailbone injury. Gosh, it's just that I feel like it's a story full of complaints. Basically, my tailbone/pelvis is still in recovery from giving birth to Snowdrop. It's a touchy (ha) situation. It's frankly kind of embarrassing!! So I'm going back to PT. I love my physical therapist so I'm glad we'll get to hang a bit more BUT I'm tired of this tailbone. I just want to feel like I did before Snowdrop came out. I joked a few months after she was born that I should have opted for the repeat c-section instead of the VBAC. At that time, I figured I would be healing shortly.... A year later, I'm definitely thinking I should have gone for a c-section!!! :) Oh well, can't turn back time and I'm not getting into this now so..... Moving on...

The Naptime Momtog has a big day tomorrow with her son, Carsyn, who is having an MRI to investigate his development a little further. Please keep her in your prayers tonight and tomorrow. Please also keep a friend of mine in your prayers. She just went in for her 20 week ultrasound only to discover that her beautiful baby Girl, Annabelle Lucille, has anencephaly. Anencephaly is the absence of a large part of the brain and the skull. It is a terminal issue and Annabelle won't live beyond birth or a few days. I am absolutely heartbroken for my friend and her family. It's quite unimaginable what they must be going through right now... I just wish there was some way I could make everything okay, you know? So if you could say some prayers too for them, please. Thanks!!


I don't mean to leave on such a sad note but I really don't have anything else to say. I'm pooped and I'm going to bed. :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh gosh! I am so behind on bloggin! Thank for the heads up on prayers! They will certainly be in mine. Can't wait to see the girls in their easter dresses! Boys are so much less fun to dress on easter!

    ReplyDelete