**Announcements**


2/12/2012 UPDATE: So here's the thing. Hubby & I are getting a divorce. I'm not advised to blog during this time so... Still on hold here. Will blog again when I can, I miss it so dearly. :)
I can still be reached via email: theunexpectedworldofmommyhood@gmail.com Thanks everyone for your prayers and support at this time. The going is tough, but I am tougher and know a better future is waiting. ~ Meg :)

9/26/2011 UPDATE: My blog is "on hold" for a little bit... there is A LOT going on around here {so there are no worries, everyone is healthy!} and I'm really just not ready to blog about it. I will be back. Thanks for understanding!! :)





Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Four.

*funny story* I went outside to take these pictures out in front of our house using the timer on our camera. Never done that before! I set the camera on top of my car. And of course, my neighbor pulled up while I'm like mid-air jumping off our step. After laughing with/at me, she took over as photographer for a couple shots {and managed to snap the mid-air one I was wanting! Thanks Rachel! -who doesn't even know I blog).
If you are lucky, I'll post the outtakes tomorrow so you can also laugh at/with me.
I really do make myself laugh sometimes.

~
Today I am wearing:
SIZE! FOUR! JEANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
{my face is so wonky in this picture. but i'm loving and posting it anyways!}
{yes, i censored my belly button. i don't know... i'm sensitive about its post-pregnant look.}
{edited to read the correct form of 'its'.}

In fact, I'm so excited that I keep waltzing around my house exclaiming "Siiiize Foooouuuuur Jeeeeaaaannnns!" in a voice that's somewhere between Oprah & an Opera Singer.

My body has not seen these pants since before I was pregnant with the twins. So... January 2007? {Probably even longer because I used to not even like these pants, much less wear them.} It took a LOT longer than I thought it would {and one more baby later} but it feels even BETTER than I imagined!!! So excited! So proud! 
So ready to kick the rest of this baby weight off my body. 
At least until we are blessed with another {God Willing}! 
{Hopefully not for a while, ok...please?}

I'm going to start doing more Clean Eating, like Jess from Irocksowhat. She looks really amazing ~ and I am totally inspired to slim down so I can fit into my most favorite pair of jeans EVER. 
Plus, I think we already sort of "clean eat". I know I try my best to stay away from stuff in boxes or that's been super processed. I've been pretty good the last week or so with not drinking sodas... but I have had a few sips from Hubby's drinks a few times. They were on ice and looked so delicious and I was thirsty. 
I literally could not stop myself. I will try harder...

.... because right now I'm wearing pants that haven't seen my butt for four years....

FOUR.


{This is Snowdrop's FAVORITE song ever.}

And my butt looks f*ing hot in these pants. I will also now be avoiding my husband like the plague until I am offically at/near my pre-first-pregnancy weight. Only about thirteen pounds to go!! 


Four. 
Size Four Pants on my legs. 
And one big four-kin' smile on my face!
~
That all said, I feel compelled to say that it's important for us all to know that we are beautiful no matter what our size, shape, color, whatever. I wasn't trying to make anyone feel badly about themselves or their weight by my statements. Size Four is NOT an average size. {I am 5'1" so size four is probably average for someone my height/age.} It takes TIME to lose baby weight; sometimes a very long time. It always makes me feel badly about myself when I read about another mom losing all her baby weight before she left the hospital, or being able to fit into her pants right away, etc. So I'm just sharing this in hopes that someone out there might be looking for a ray of light. 


Well, this is that ray of light. {Hopefully.}
Save those favorite jeans because someday you WILL fit into them again!!!

2 comments: