**Announcements**


2/12/2012 UPDATE: So here's the thing. Hubby & I are getting a divorce. I'm not advised to blog during this time so... Still on hold here. Will blog again when I can, I miss it so dearly. :)
I can still be reached via email: theunexpectedworldofmommyhood@gmail.com Thanks everyone for your prayers and support at this time. The going is tough, but I am tougher and know a better future is waiting. ~ Meg :)

9/26/2011 UPDATE: My blog is "on hold" for a little bit... there is A LOT going on around here {so there are no worries, everyone is healthy!} and I'm really just not ready to blog about it. I will be back. Thanks for understanding!! :)





Monday, March 14, 2011

Experimenting with SOOC & A Dusting of Snow

{This is a picture of the toys I put outside that day this week when the girls were driving me nuts. Just wanted to share it because it makes me laugh. Kind of. The toys are now back inside.)}

~
On Saturday, I took some time to myself to take pictures in the yard.  I was thinking about how we used to use film in cameras and how SOOC was really what you got! I had 4 pictures left on my memory card so I challenged myself to a SOOC practice. I adjusted the settings in exposure, scene, white balance, a bunch of stuff ~ I was playing around ~ before I took each shot and told myself that I was going to post them on my blog no matter what. {Making more blog rules for myself, lol.} Here they are, SOOC (other than the watermark): 




{I even got some fence bokeh in there! Bitchin'!}

I like the way they turned out! :) 

~
Last night, the forecaster said that in the early morning we'd "get a dusting of snow" but that "it'll melt before you even wake up."





{LOL! So much for those new blooms I saw coming up! It's STILL snowing just as hard right now ~ it's 10:40am. I love snow and I'm excited that we're getting another round this year before Spring really comes!}

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos! I especially like the kitty who looks so much like our Joel Gray -- that lovely expression!

    We were supposed to just get a dusting of snow yesterday and ended up with quite a bit --it was pretty funny. It is melting quickly though and it's supposed to be warmer tomorrow so I think the daffodils and tulips that have been coming up will survive :-)

    Marie
    Bonkers in Barnhart

    ReplyDelete