**Announcements**


2/12/2012 UPDATE: So here's the thing. Hubby & I are getting a divorce. I'm not advised to blog during this time so... Still on hold here. Will blog again when I can, I miss it so dearly. :)
I can still be reached via email: theunexpectedworldofmommyhood@gmail.com Thanks everyone for your prayers and support at this time. The going is tough, but I am tougher and know a better future is waiting. ~ Meg :)

9/26/2011 UPDATE: My blog is "on hold" for a little bit... there is A LOT going on around here {so there are no worries, everyone is healthy!} and I'm really just not ready to blog about it. I will be back. Thanks for understanding!! :)





Saturday, January 8, 2011

Nella's ONEderfund ~ How YOU Can Pay It Forward

I began reading Enjoying the Small Things.... well, right after Nella was born.

If you haven't read her birth story yet, you should. It will change you forever.
It changed me.And if doesn't change you in just the tiniest little bit of a way, then I think you ought to read it again.

I'm Paying It Forward this year to Nella's ONEder Fund

which is just a way to donate in honor of someone (ahem, Nella!) to the National Down Syndrome Society.

You can read more about Nella's ONEderfund from her Mom, Kelle, over at her blog Enjoying the Small Things .

Kelle has lots of readers. From all over the world! Her goal is to reach $15,000.

If each of her readers donated $5, she'd be able to raise $45,000!!!!!That's amazing!! And I want to help her do that.

So I'm donating instead of getting my beloved Starbucks coffee this week and even the next week after! Lord knows, it will go further there at the NDSS than it will here.

And really, NDSS ~ who wouldn't want to support such a wonderful cause?

NDSS states as its mission:
The mission of the National Down Syndrome Society is to be the national advocate for the value, acceptance and inclusion of people with Down syndrome.
The National Down Syndrome Society envisions a world in which all people with Down syndrome have the opportunity to enhance their quality of life, realize their life aspirations, and become valued members of welcoming communities.

So yeah. I don't think any of us can argue against that! So think about it. Just think about it! It's $5. You can do it! We can do it! My family is on a ridiculously tight budget this year! And I'm still finding that I am able to spare some, in honor of someone else and in honor of a very worthy cause, of which I feel very passionate.
The little everyday actions of regular people JUST LIKE US can change the world. It only takes ONE person to make a change. 1.

That's amazing. It's ONEderful! It's what makes the world go round.


Thank you.

{And a very big THANK YOU to Kelle Hampton for letting me use her beautiful and inspiring photos of Nella on my blog for this post. Thanks, Lady! You rock!!}

No comments:

Post a Comment