**Announcements**


2/12/2012 UPDATE: So here's the thing. Hubby & I are getting a divorce. I'm not advised to blog during this time so... Still on hold here. Will blog again when I can, I miss it so dearly. :)
I can still be reached via email: theunexpectedworldofmommyhood@gmail.com Thanks everyone for your prayers and support at this time. The going is tough, but I am tougher and know a better future is waiting. ~ Meg :)

9/26/2011 UPDATE: My blog is "on hold" for a little bit... there is A LOT going on around here {so there are no worries, everyone is healthy!} and I'm really just not ready to blog about it. I will be back. Thanks for understanding!! :)





Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The 100th Post!

100!

This is my 100th post! I'm very glad to be here! I've been blogging on Blogger since about September of last year but I've been blogging since July 1, 2008. {I had to look that up!} It is something I enjoy doing, the writing part. It is fun to be able to read back and remember when things happened, the details I might have forgotten, etc.

At time of writing, I have 11 Followers! Neat!! And I'm pretty sure you all chose to follow me, too, as I haven't required it as a step to enter any of my giveaways. (Haha, "any". I've had only one so far!!) Thanks so much! It makes a gal feel special! It's also really great getting comments and knowing that someone took time out of their day to say something about what I've posted. My husband doesn't even do that! :) I have found that I really enjoy reading blogs and really love when I find the time in my days to do it! When I was a kid, I LOVED reading books. I'd read nearly anything I could get my hands on. And so often, the book would end and I'd be left wondering what happened. I think that's why I like blogs and blogging so much. I love that I can read a blog and read someone's "story"and the story continues. It's always changing; it's fresh and new. I really enjoy reading blogs about your lives and learning from your tutorials and pictures. It's interesting to me to know what other people are doing around the world and how they live their lives. Different or same to mine.

Photography was always something I was interested in but never something I actively persued as a hobby until I had kids. I think that's the same for a lot of us. I started doing Project365 this year {2011} and I'm really enjoying it, and keeping up! :) There are several blogs that I read that have photo challenges that are fun to participate in. There is an online photography workshop being offered by Willette Designs {for FREE!} during the month of February {go here to get more info and sign up!}. I sort of surprised myself by signing up, but I really do want to learn more and become a better & more thoughtful photographer. When our twins were born we didn't even own a camera! We had to borrow my In-Laws' camera! None of our pictures turned out great, and we only have about 60 pictures from the birth and hospital stay combined. There are no pictures from the first week we had them home, other than the ones we snapped once we brought them inside and changed them into their "going-home" outfits. {See, in the hub*bub of leaving to go pick them up - they had to stay an extra night, I know, I am a lunatic for feeling badly they had to stay when I was so lucky it was just one night, I had forgotten to bring their going-home outfits. Worst Mother of the Year, right here!} Anyways, to make a long story short {too late} we don't have any great pictures of the twins when they were newborns and it will haunt me forever. So... now I take a ton of pictures and am obsessed with capturing their lives. {le sigh}


Parenting is another topic I like to cover on my blog. You know, I'm a Mom. It kind of comes with the territory. I don't want to say too much because frankly I'll start writing and then it'll be hard to stop. Dear Lord, I've already gone on quite a bit as it is! :) Anyways, I like to share little tidbits about my kids here and there. Seen & Heard Saturday is one such thing. I did it on my old blog (sometimes) and I really like reading the different things the kids used to do. SO I'm starting it up again on this blog. You can join me and link up on Saturdays. :) Motherhood was in my plans, it's just that it was in God's plan for me A LOT sooner than I had down in my plans. So... I must have mixed up the memo somewhere along the line. Sometimes, I have a hard time accepting that and I get really stressed out. Really. I'm working on it. But it's all okay because O.M.G., I still can't imagine life without my kids. Really, I can't. My life had zero purpose prior to them. So, it's all good.


I hope in the coming year I will become a better photographer and blogger. I want to become a better Follower and keep up on the people who Follow me. Thanks so much for Following! :) I use a Sony Handycam Video/Picture camera, it's HD & digital, and I've never had a camera this nice before. (Sony HDR-CX12) But I'd really like a strictly Picture Camera some day. Maybe if I save up my birthday and Christmas money this year and bat my eyes at my husband? It's been 18 days now that I've been using Photoshop (Elements 5.0) and let me tell you, I'm at least 10% better at editing than I used to be. Seriously! It's really amazing! And through my serious blogging this year {so far} I've even learned a thing or two about web design/coding/html/all that Interweb stuff. And I really enjoy it! I sort of wish I had majored in something related during college. Maybe next life? :)


I wish I could get into the Stats of my blog; I will do a post about it at some time in the near (?) future. There are readers in several other countries reading my blog! Who are you people? This amazes me!! It's always SO exciting to see more green popping up on the world map in the Stats section of my dashboard. Seriously! So cool. :)


Anyways.... Thank You for reading my blog. Or coming to check out the pictures. Or whatever it is that you do here {as long as you're not some creep or anything!}. I really appreciate that you take the time out of your day to come here and check in. It's so nice. And thanks for letting me check in at your blog, too! I really enjoy reading all the stories from around the world, near or far. It makes me feel so much more connected to the rest of the world and I must thank you for that.


Here's to another 100 posts! And many more!! :)


1 comment:

  1. Great 100th post. My hubby doesn't read my blog either. ha ha! I got the dvd yesterday. :)

    ReplyDelete