**Announcements**


2/12/2012 UPDATE: So here's the thing. Hubby & I are getting a divorce. I'm not advised to blog during this time so... Still on hold here. Will blog again when I can, I miss it so dearly. :)
I can still be reached via email: theunexpectedworldofmommyhood@gmail.com Thanks everyone for your prayers and support at this time. The going is tough, but I am tougher and know a better future is waiting. ~ Meg :)

9/26/2011 UPDATE: My blog is "on hold" for a little bit... there is A LOT going on around here {so there are no worries, everyone is healthy!} and I'm really just not ready to blog about it. I will be back. Thanks for understanding!! :)





Saturday, September 4, 2010

In A Yellow House ~ Work & Play



The In A Yellow House Photo Challenges are still being hosted by Ashley over at Ramblings & Photos. I loved this challenge because it really did "challenge" me. I really had to think about this one. So what did I end up with? This:



It's the wall in my kitchen, right next to my fridge, where my daughters lovingly scrawled in crayon. They did this months ago... possibly a year ago! I love it for so many reasons. Creative, I thought, of them to use the wall for a canvas. Creative, I thought, of them to 'match' the abstracts I have hanging in our kitchen. (I hung all my old college paintings in our kitchen.) I love the childness of it, the use of colors on the bright green background, the fact that someone randomly & miraculously drew a cursive L towards the bottom (do you see that too?). Of course, we had to discipline them when it happened - but now it serves as a reminder to them that drawing on Mommy's wall is a "No-No". And they tell me that often! :)

So how does this tie into this week's theme?? Work & Play??

Work for Mommy*. Play for Kids.

(*Well, I guess it would be work if I ever tried cleaning it up!!*)

Share your Work & Play pictures with the rest of us over at Ramblings & Photos!

2 comments:

  1. LOL that certainly will be a lot of work if you ever do clean it up. In the meantime, it's very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! I know, my mother-in-law actually bought me a Magic Eraser so I could get rid of it. She meant well, but I'm not very interested in cleaning it up! Haha :)

    ReplyDelete